West End possesses several distinct advantages that enable our investors to achieve outsized returns:
- Deal Sourcing AbilityWest End has extensive long-standing relationships with owners, brokers, property managers, leasing agents, lenders, attorneys, and investors in each of our target markets. We bring an active, “boots on the ground” approach to targeting off-market deals for our investors.
- Institutional ApproachLocal owners still tend to dominate the ‹ $20 million segment of the market. By targeting smaller deals, we intend to achieve outsized returns by bringing a sophisticated, institutional approach (using best-in-class third party providers) to a segment characterized by non-institutional competition with second-rate operating and management platforms.
- Local Market KnowledgeBoth of West End’s principals are lifelong Washington, DC residents and have spent the majority of their professional careers here as well. The principals are also intimately familiar with the surrounding target markets, having previously invested in or spent considerable time in these markets.
- Creative Incentive StructuresWest End properly incentivizes third parties who can create value for the firm. This includes fairly compensating sources of off-market deals, leasing brokers, and property managers, whose performance is key to the value creation at a given property. When appropriate, West End will also offer ownership positions to certain third party service providers.
- Flexible Deal StructuresOftentimes, price isn’t the only important factor to a Seller. Accordingly, West End applies a sophisticated, flexible approach to deal structuring that aims to benefit both buyer and seller to arrive at a deal. Our creative approach allows us to 1) win deals without being the highest bidder; and 2) mitigate deal-specific risks, thereby improving the overall risk-return profile of the deal.
- Reliable ExecutionSuccessful execution is paramount to building and maintaining a reputable firm. West End’s managing partners understand the importance of a prompt, yet thorough, process and work diligently to ensure all timelines are met and promises are kept. In addition, we respect the confidential nature of the industry we work in and believe that trust and integrity go a long way towards ensuring long-term, mutually beneficial relationships.